Tour de Cave
A downloadable game
New type of arcade endless flyer!
(Soft launch on Android (iOS to follow) in Poland, Ireland, Netherlands, Hong Kong, Singapore, Phillipines, Portugal, Romanian, Slovenia, Estonia, Luxemburg, Austria, Malaysia, Belgium, Finland, more to follow in coming weeks).
Do you like endless arcade games but all of them feels very similar to you?
Tour de Cave is a new type, bidirectional, competitive endless flyer. Take a role of an agile bat and fly in procedurally generated caves to collect gold and gems and compete with others for the highest score in daily map challenges. Avoid traps, slow down time and prepare your next move to chain up your collecting combo bonus.
Play your own style.
Fly slow with caution and increase your chances to survive, or..
Play fast and score more points with combo bonus by more risky moves.
Each and every day you can compete with others for the highest score. Every player has the same cave configuration so competitions are fair and equally difficult. It’s important to remember that in daily maps every gold or gem can be collected only once, so you need to explore further and deeper for new ones.
Every day your best score contributes to your national daily and monthly leaderboard.
During daily map competitions all collected gold and diamonds are available for you to spend for new bats and maps. Choose your favorite bat creature and coolest looking map to play on.
- Explore a procedurally generated cave in direction you want. Not like in other endless runners/flyers where your move is restricted to one direction, in Tour de Cave you can fly left/right and up/down to freely explore the cave.
- Slow down time while aiming for your next move. In our game you can slow down time during flying whats gives you time for movement preparation and helps you avoid traps that you will encounter more and more during cave exploration.
- Collect gold and gems. In Tour de Cave your main goal is to collect various of gems that contributes to your final score. Each gem has its own rarity, so hardest to find gets your more points. In daily map every collected item can be picked up only once in given day. You need to explore deeper areas of the cave to found more gems. This brings caution to the play style, because you need to say alive to get the bests score.
- Build up your score bonus chain. During gameplay, after every gem pickup players gets a small time window to collect next one and keep up bonus chain. This can improve players final score by a lot, so it's important to keep it up as long as possible. More rarely gems adds more to the bonus.
- Compete with others in daily map. Each and every day brings players newly generated cave that all compete on. Everyone play on same environment and can explore different areas as they play. This gives equally chances for every player so publicly visible top scores are fair enough. If someone gets a very height score it's true that you can do it to, because cave setup in daily map is the same for everyone.
- Contribute to your nation. Your daily best score is added to your (estimated) nation.
- Save your checkpoint. In Tour de Cave players can found special stalactites where is possible to save a checkpoint for the future. This helps a lot in cave exploration keeping visited areas behind. Using them can avoid flying again in areas where gems was collected.
- Spend your gold and diamonds in the shop. Diamonds are the rarest gems in-game, that are treated as a game premium currency that you can spend in in-game shop for new bats and maps. Gold on the other hand can be used to buy cave treasure chest that randomly gives you a reward. It can be diamonds but as well you can be lucky enough to get new bat or map.
- Collect achievements (for users signed in with Google only on Android). Tour de Cave uses Google Play Games Achievements.
- Training ground. You can train your style, or just learn more about the game in the training session. Here, every time players starts the game, the new cave is generated for him. Keep in mind that during training session collected gold and gems are not saved and you cannot use them in the in-game shop.
- Soft releaseAug 01, 2017
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.